Looking for an alternative to sugary popsicles this summer? Make these healthy Frozen Banana Pops ahead of time and be ready when the day heats up and the kids need to cool down.
- 8 large ripe bananas
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups granola, rice krispies, crushed corn flakes or crushed graham crackers
- 16 Popsicle sticks
- Cover a tray with parchment or wax paper.
- Put yogurt and granola or cereal on separate plates.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise. Insert popsicle sticks into then cut ends of the bananas.
- Dip one banana pop in yogurt until it is evenly but thinly coated. Then roll pop in granola or cereal until it is covered with it. Repeat with rest of banana pops.
- Place the coated banana pops on prepared sheet tray. Put tray in the freezer until bananas are firm, at least 1 hour but preferably more.
- Serve and enjoy!