A child that is sick and not feeling well should NOT be brought to a dental appointment. We want the appointment to be a positive experience, and if they are not feeling well, it will make the dental treatment even more of a challenge for your child. In addition, we see a many patients per day, making our doctors and staff very susceptible to sickness, and we do not want our doctors and staff exposed. Please call our office at the first signs of your child’s illness, and we will gladly reschedule the appointment to a time when they are feeling their best.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash. • Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
This is an emerging, rapidly changing situation. For questions please contact your local department of health or the NYS DOH Novel Coronavirus hotline at 1-888-364-3065. We encourage you to keep up to date about 2019-nCoV, its treatment and prevention by visiting the following websites: Additional Resources CDC’s dedicated 2019-nCoV website at https://www.cdc.gov/nCoV.